Thursday 17 May 2012

Zip It!

This week has been all about the zippy pouch, purse and accessory cover. I have been having a jolly old time fiddling and faffing about with my fabric stash, my buttons, ribbons and thread. It's been great, I finally feel like I can say I'm a sewer again.

I started off with the fabric I had cut that I showed you in the last post. The linen outer was from a bargain bin at my local fabric store, the flowery interior is Ikea. Originally I had planned to use buttons and ribbon only on the outside, but when I cut the excess from the interior pieces, I knew they would look great on the outside. So here they are.



I had a good old rummage around in the bags I was given by my lovely neighbour and found some more neutral fabric which I married up with some treasured Kokka linen that I only have a tiny amount of, bought from The Makery on a trip to Bath last year.


With another Kokka swatch I cut it more generously so it only covered three pouches. But don't you agree they look fab! I am rather proud of these. The trim is vintage, bought at one of the fairs I did last summer.



Next on the hit list was some Cath Kidston fabric. I had a special commission from my teenage daughter to create a purse with a dividing piece of fabric so that she can stash her phone and ipod together safely. She loves horses, so there was really only one choice of fabric for her. I only have the cowboy print in haberdashery weight, so I used heavy weight interfacing and an interlining for strength.




Thankfully it was well received. Phew!




I made these two with a tutorial in mind. Would you like to make one for yourself?




This morning, having another rummage, I found some dark blue hessian-type fabric. With so much red, white and blue everywhere, I had to have a go. Didn't I?




This is quite possibly my favourite. I have to confess that my own 'bits and bobs' went straight in it and it has become mine.




I had a little helper for the photo shoot. I think Edward is choosing which purse he would like.





He's not having mine.




I'm currently uploading about forty pictures taken for my zip tutorial. Hopefully I will get them edited and arranged tomorrow so I can post again soon and you will be able to have some fun with your own stash!

See you soon,
Beth x

edited to add: the zip tutorial is now ready. You can find it by clicking here x

2 comments:

  1. what lovely pouches Beth! I love making pouches and am always interested to see how other crafters make theirs! Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous! Yes, would love to have a go! Can't wait for your tutorial - I'm not sure if my fabric is as lovely as yours though ;) Where did you get your cute labels?

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments and will try to reply where possible x